The government has planning close to 100 new airports around the country some are even functional – in towns as far apart as Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh, Shirdi in Maharashtra, Hisar in Haryana, and Durgapur in West Bengal. Many investors are considering buying up property near those airports in the hope of making the most of the location, economies get a boost after airports start operational, many landowners hope their plots become more valuable.
Buying a Property near an airport ?
- Look for a house that is near airport but is not along the flight path.
- It should ideally be 2 kilometres or more away from the airport.
- If it is a new construction, check whether your developer provides soundproofing.
- Check how low planes fly during peak flight times and especially at night, near your airport
- Before you seal the deal, make sure you visit your future property during different times of the day to check on noise levels
Remember, sometimes hard-earned money can fly away faster than a commercial jet.